LED HIGH Assembly Services
Moko Technology Ltd can offer one-stop service for lights, we can do led pcb assembly, led controller pcb assembly, led driver pcb assembly, plastic injection molding and assembly, cover glue, aging tests and make color box.
We have rich experience on LED Grow Light assembly, LED Street light assembly, BLE/Wifi LED Light assembly, Medical LED Light assembly, and other special lights.
No matter it’s simple lights or large lights, we can provide complete solution for box assembly, our service is including below.
Plastic and Aluminum heatsink injection molding
Box Build assembly
Automated conformal coating
High and low temperature impact test
Switch impact test
Plant cultivation test
As a customer, you get to enjoy our experience and expertise in the LED light assembly box build manufacturing process thoroughly, in various ways:
- Usage of printed circuit boards, aluminum heatsink and plastic from only licensed and trusted partner manufacturers
- Assurance of the most quality finished lights; assembly, testing and packaging.
- Project value quality security through the maintenance of a single supplier contact ensured by the allocation of a capable and efficient project manager.
Our factory has 5 SMT lines, 4 DIP lines and 3 box assembly lines. We have a strict dust-free workshop, and got the ISO9001:2000, ISO14001, ISO13485, BSCI, UL, and RoHS certifications. Before box assembly, we must test all led PCB, led controller PCBA, led driver and all boxes. Our engineer will make SOP(Standard Operating Procedure) when they produce the first sample, we will send the first sample to our clients, if they confirm that sample works good, our workers will produce every step according to the SOP. Strict production requirements allow us to make high-quality products, pls check the production flow.
LED Assembly Line
An assembly line is a series or group of machines or workers connected and in which a succession of similar materials are put together or assembled. An LED light assembly or LED Light assembly line is where LED lights are assembled and they can either be manual or automatic and can go on for as long as an 8 foot LED light assembly. And, as the name implies, a manual assembly line consists of human workers manually putting the components together, but an automatic assembly LED is much faster as it is done with machines. In the LED light assembly business, the automatic is the way to go, and the line consists of:
- A manual screen printer that prints the needed components with solder
- A machine is known as the pick and place machine places surface mount devices unto circuit boards where they are required
- A reflow oven is instrumental in making sure that the components are well mounted and secured.
Step1: LED PCB Assembly
A. Unique design
B. original led chip
C. High quality Aluminum pcb
D. 100% testing
E. High level technology
Step2: LED Controller PCB Assembly & LED Driver PCB Assembly
A. 1-18layers high quality FR4 pcb, min line width and gap is 3mil.
B. Authentic sourcing channels and providers
C. State of the art equipments which include FUJI, Yamaha high-speed SMTJT ;ead/lead-free reflow ovens, lead free wave-soldering.
D. Surface mount, through-hole, BGA, QFP and QFN parts assembling.
E. AOI testing(X-ray for BGA package) for every piece board.
F. First article inspection before SMD process and Frist completed sample before DIP process.
G. Free function testing and program burning.
H. Aging testing.
Step3: Box assembly
A. Plastic injection molding, Aluminum heatsink molding.
B. High quality control for plastic housing and aluminum heatsink.
C. Well-trained and highly-skilled workers.
Step4: Cover glue
A. Automatic covering glue.
B. High quality glue, over 5years yellowing resistance with Reach, Rohs, UL certificate.
C. High and low temperature impact test.
D. High quality control on covering glue.
Step 5 Testing
A. 100% function tests and 100% Aging tests
B. LED Light tested by Integrating sphere optical tester
C. LED Grow Light tester
Why Do You Need LED Light?
Everyone hates the overheating annoying electric bulbs. That includes you, I’m sure. And likewise, LED lights developers. The LED lights not only generate lesser heat in comparison, they also are brighter, more efficient and have an average lifespan of 5-10 years. LED lights ability to give off lights of different colors make them cooler than your average light bulb. Not mentioning their wider application range.
Why on earth would anyone not want to use LED lights? You might wonder.
We know right?
We were so baffled by this that we decided to dive into LED lights assembly which is simply the manufacturing, testing and packaging of LED lights.
The LED light assembly market
Though the LED light assembly market is increasingly getting saturated, understandably so. Judging by the exponential annual growth of 25%, experts believe the billion-dollar assembly LED market will hit a record high of 25 billion dollars in 2 years (2023)!
This is because of LED light’s very wide range of applications from household items like clocks to the massive street and outdoor lighting. To a large extent, most LED light assembly businesses are organized in business partnerships between light companies who supply materials like PCB (printed circuit boards) and heat-sinks to smaller vendors’ light business that makes use of these materials in the manufacturing and assembling of finished LED lights. Though these vendors might still need to employ the use of specific tools and machinery in LED light assembling.
LED is, of course, an acronym for Light-emitting diode. The diodes are lighted up by running a current proportional to two opposite charged PN connected semi-conductors (The P and N representing the positive and negatively charged semi-conductors respectively). Though, the beautiful colors are made possible through various materials.
LED light business is fairly easy to establish but, very competitive. In order to have any short at it you need to:
- Equip yourself with LED light assembly information before you dive into the business
- Set a specific budget (large investment is unnecessary and inadvisable when you’re just starting).
- Note and Research; competitors’ products, market trend and target audience.
- Find a way of marketing your products online, and on social media.
In recent years, the LED light assembly market has been flooded with too many products some of which are counterfeit and cheaper. These seemingly cheap LED light products though are damaging in more ways than one. They expose you to electricity and other types of potential hazards.
The LED lights assembly is achieved through certain standardized procedures which include:
We employ the box build assembly process in the construction of LED lights. The Box build assembly process is tailored to cost you as little money as possible without affecting the quality and value of the product.
This box build assembly process involves connecting many Printed Circuit Boards with different cables and wiring.
This is done by:
- Selecting the specific colored LED diode and formation of the semiconductor wafers used in the fabrication of the Printed Circuit Boards.
- Milli-watt power capacity of LED chips circuit is then made available together with some mounting devices.
- Fitting the Printed Circuit Board with the now available LED chips, rectifier and filter circuit comes in next.
- A compact unit is then built with a holder cap, Smokey reflector combined with the PCB board fitted with plastic modules.
- Testing of the box-like packaged LED lighting system comes last.
The Benefits of LED light assembly
Non-toxic to the environment
LED lights do not emit any radioactivity neither is any of their raw material toxic to the environment. LED lights can easily be properly disposed of after expiration without littering the environment.
LED lights assembly makes available LED lights that are easily affordable. The LED box build assembly design we offer takes cost-effectiveness to another level without depreciating the LED lights quality in as little as 1%.
Low power consumption and effective Heat Dissipation
LED lights use relatively lower power compared to other types of electric lights. This due to the difference in LED lights’ mechanism of operation. LED emits light due to the movement of electron density in response to a unidirectional current flow. This is in contrast with most contemporary bulbs that emit light through the release of heat energy. The LED lights mechanism of operation also limits the amount of heat energy released into the environment. Lending LED lights a brighter intensity compared to other electric lights. Heat is instead dissipated in a more efficient form with the use of heatsinks.
LED lights have long lives
A typical LED light lasts an average of 5 years before beginning to show any sign of degradation. Though some LED lights have been known to last over 10 years
Can be applied in a wide range of fields and professions
One of the greatest strengths of LED lights assembly is its versatility in applications. LED lights can be applied in indoor farming, decoration purposes, lighting purposes, on electrical gadgets. There is almost no limit to the ways of creatively adopting LED lights.
Some fields in which LED light assembly can be applied:
Applications of LED light assembly
- Indoor farming
As components of Quantum board grow lights, each LED light assembly line is designed to provide maximum output at low power consumption.
- Smart home
Decoration and general lighting of homes and industrial buildings.
- Security purposes
Incorporation into guns, mounted around security strongholds and providing light for vehicles.
- In electrical gadgets
Phones, computers, TV sets, microwave, etc.
- Screen displayfor marketing
In billboards and electric posters.
- Social management
How to Install LED Strip Lights
Depending on the usage, LED strip lights can be easily self-installed. Here are instructions on how to install the 12 volts LED light assembly which is mostly used domestically in residential buildings and the 8 foot LED light assembly which is more commonly used in factories and industries.
12V LED Strip Lights
- Choose a permanent, smooth and immobile location or site to attach the LED strip lights
- Clean the site and either leave it to dry or dry it.
- Unroll the bundle of purchased 12V LED strip lights
- Remove the material protecting the adhesive behind the strips
- Press the strips firmly against the prepared surface, being intentional about making them as firm as possible (without trapped air)
- It’s advisable and necessary ––though not compulsory–– to further affirm the light strips to the surface with the use of fixing clips (It’s not 100% of 12V LED strip lights brands that have fixing clips though).
- Cut the strip light ONLY at the cut line to turn a corner or if the strips happen to be longer than the surface. You’d cause serious damage if you cut it at any other location.
- You can join cut sections through the use of connector clips, by simply putting the open ends of each section into the clip and closing it. This also bestows multi-directional arrangement flexibility.
- Double-check your connection to be sure there was no error.
- If all is perfect, connect your power adapter and plug it into a mains socket.
- Remove the insulation protecting the LED strips with the aid of your remote.
- Experiment with the LED light colors available on your remote.
8 foot LED strip lights assembly
WARNING!: As the 8 foot LED strip light is a little more technical than the 12V. Only skilled professionals are advised to install it. In a situation where you are not a technician, you need to follow the following under-listed instructions. VERY CAREFULLY.
- Before you attempt anything at all. Remove the ballasts to avoid starting a fire and blowing up your shiny new LED tube.
- Check and double-check that the main circuit breaker is currently not connected to any external power source.
- Remove the bulbs from the LED tube
- Open up the tube and check the wiring.
- Confirm the wiring is in conformation with your brand’s 8foot LED strip lights’ general configuration. (A manual displaying such information almost always comes with the product on purchase)
- If it’s not. DO NOT continue. Contact the brand’s customer support immediately
- If it is, then, read the instructions carefully.
- Read the instructions again.
Follow them VERY CAREFULLY
LED Light Assembly Solutions
Soldering Solutions for LED assembly
- Proper soldering can counter and actively cool LED lights’ overheating problem sometimes caused by heatsinks’ heat dissipation inefficiency.
- Soldering boosters the longevity of LED products and improves efficiency.
- Soldering improves visibility and clears residues from LED lights rays.
Cleaning Solutions for LED assembly
- A habitual and regular cleaning of your LED Light assembly makes it easier to maintain. Which saves you money and energy.
- A good towel and warm water wipe-down of your LED lights prevent overheating and extend the LEDs lifespan.
- Cleaning your LED lights improves their light intensity and brightness. Thereby, giving you a more pleasing experience.
Coating Solutions for LED assembly
- A good coating offers your LED lights protection against some damaging environmental elements.
- A colour-temperature optimized coating increases the range and clarity of LED lights in all conditions.
Components of LED lights assembly
Raw materials for diodes are usually semiconductors such as gallium arsenide GaAs. One of the semiconductor’s two layers will consist of numerous electrons while the second semiconductor layer will be electron deficit. This is geared towards ensuring the migration of electrons from one layer to another during manufacturing.
The specific color of the LED light is determined by the type of semiconductors and impurities used in production.
Other Raw Materials include:
- Gallium Phosphide (GaP) as a semiconductor
- Connecting wires held tight usually with wax/ soldering flux.
- Gold compounds used in soldering
- Plastic materials for encasing the LEDs
- Devices serving as the Heat-sink.
- Silver soldering compounds.
- Lens used in achieving even light distribution
- LED chips
- Printed Circuit Board
Some Equipment Required
- Drilling machine (A small size is optimal)
- Lux meter for measuring the LED’s light intensity.
- A Packaging machine
- Tubelight for Light Emitting diodes assembly machine
- Soldering and LCR machines.
An LED (Light Emitting Diode) is a device that is composed of various components, all of which have roles to play in the functionality of the LED. The components of the LED can be divided into:
- LED chip: This chip is responsible for the light or illumination which is created. The light is created when an electric current passes through a material made of semi-conductors, as semiconductors are ideal because they are a good medium with which to conduct and control or regulate electric currents which pass through it.
- Heat Sink: This is where the LED chips are placed upon and their job is to remove or conduct heat away from the LED, while also simultaneously cooling it.
- Circuit Board: Also known as the driver, this component regulates the current flowing through the entire device and controls the switching on or off of the lights.
- Housing: This is where the entire device is placed in and it is usually made of aluminum.
Methods for LED light assembly
In order to correctly and efficiently assemble LEDs, a process or series of processes have to be followed. In the LED assembly process you have to:
- First, apply conductive glue to the surface
- After applying the glue on the surface, then you also apply adhesives to enable the components to adequately stick to it
- The next step is the placing of the LED and other materials on the Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
- Then the next stage is the soldering of the LED connections.
- After the soldering, the remaining steps are the manufacturing of the LED light fittings, and also molding of useful parts, both metal and plastic.
- Then, you fit the Printed Circuit board with a holder cap and plastic modules.
- Then you test to see if it is working, and if it is, the next step is to package it for shipping and sale.
Making LED lights
In making LED lights, the first thing to do is to make what is known as semi-conductor wafers which are very thin slices of semiconductor materials and are thoroughly cleaned to remove dust and other particles. Then the next thing is to add and connect the metal parts of the LED. The metal parts are connected in a way or design which is suitable to the manufacturer. The parts are held together by solder and to make sure that it remains there for a long period, it is then passed through a reflow oven and after that, they are tested to make sure that they work as intended.
In LED tail light assembly, you would have to remove the original tail light housing, mold plastic to make custom plates and then create grid patterns and also attach the LED lights and wire them.
Are Silicone and germanium used for LEDs?
LEDs are made up of materials like Gallium arsenide and Gallium phosphide and these materials are important as they determine the type and color of light that the LED gives out. LEDs that are made from Gallium arsenide emit red lights which are infrared. Those made out of gallium phosphide give out green light and LEDs with Yttrium aluminum garnet emit a white light color. Making use of silicone or germanium as materials used in LED manufacture would drop the manufacturing cost by a considerable amount, but there are some reasons why it is not being used, some of which include:
- Silicon and germanium are opaque to light, which means they do not allow light to pass through them.
- They have an indirect bandgap which is not suitable for LEDs as it is of low efficiency.
- They emit very little, if any light, but produce an increased amount of heat.
As a result, other materials are used instead of these, because they solve all the issues associated with Germanium and silicon, and the energy is emitted in the form of light, instead of heat as with these two.
Are LED or fluorescent lights ideal?
Fluorescent lights have been used for a long time and although they have some advantages which include energy efficiency when compared to a conventional light bulb and they also have a relatively long light life. But they also contain amounts of mercury which are poisonous and harmful to humans.
LED lights, however, are more ideal as they offer the following benefits:
- They are extremely energy-efficient as they use almost half less electricity than even a fluorescent light uses.
- They have a very long life.
- They are very durable
- They do not have Ultraviolet emissions.
- They have a very wide range of colors available.
Cost of LED lights per hour
For now and for a while, it has been determined that LED lights are cheaper to run, consume less electricity and are more energy-efficient than other sources of light like incandescent bulbs and even fluorescent bulbs. The cost of running an LED light is cheaper when it is compared to others of the same capacity. For example, in a calculation, assuming that it costs $0.10 per KWH, this is a depiction and comparison of how much an LED light would cost compared to others.
Cost per bulb ($)
Annual Cost ($)
Cost for 50,000 hours ($)
Total cost of 50,000 hours with bulb price ($)
Do LEDs Fail?
Although they are reliable, sometimes LEDs might fail to work or not work as good or as efficiently as it used to or was supposed to and this can be as a result of some factors which are:
- A mistake in the manufacturing process
- Rapid and drastic temperature changes or fluctuations, as a very hot temperature, could cause it to overheat and fail. A cool or cooler temperature is more conducive and advisable for LED lights.
- Improper connection of different components.
- The higher the current passed through the LED lights, the quicker the luminous efficacy drops so a stable current is advised.
The easiest way to tell if an LED is blown is to connect it to a battery to see if it still gives off or emits light.
How to fix LED lights
As with everything in this world, nothing is perfect and nothing lasts forever, but if in case you find out one or two problems with your LED lights, no reason to just throw it all in the trash or panic, because a lot of things which go wrong with LED can easily be fixed. One of the most common issues of LEDs that can be fixed is LED burn out. An LED may blow or burn out for reasons ranging from overheating to swift changes in current passed through it, but not to worry. If you suspect a problem with your LED, the first thing to do is disassemble the bulb and make a visual inspection to locate the fault, or alternatively test it using a multi-meter. When you locate the erring diode, then you just simply remove the heat sink and other components connected to it before proceeding to pull it out and replace it with a new LED bulb of the same type.
If the fault turns out not to be from the diode, you would have to check components like the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and the transistors to make sure they are working fine, and also just disassemble and replace any other faulty component.
What companies make LED lights?
Presently the LED market continues to grow as the LED lights have been gradually replacing others like the fluorescent and incandescent lights, and it is only expected to grow in the coming months and years. It is expected that the market would be worth an estimated 24 billion dollars by the year 2022 (next year) and some of the big players and manufacturers in that market include:
- As one of the leading EMS manufacturer in China, MOKOLight has over 14 years’experience in PCB manufacturing and PCBA.
- Acuity Brands, which was founded in the year 2001and has its headquarters in Atlanta, US. The company offers a range of light and lighting solutions, both indoors and outdoors to their customers spread across the globe.
- Eaton, an Irish company in Dublin, founded in the year 1911 and is one of the oldest light manufacturing companies.
- Cree, founded in 1987 and has its headquarters located in North Carolina and produces LEDs that employs technologies like SmartCast.
- Phillips lighting which has been around since the 1800s, since 1891 to be exact and is one of the most recognized LED lights manufacturers in the world. Since the year 2018, they have also been known as Signify.
- Nichia Corporation, a Japanese company with headquarters in Anan is also a top manufacturer and designs and sells LEDs used in displays and general lighting.