Certainly, giving your lights a thorough cleaning after each harvest is one of the greatest maintenance techniques. Cleaning makes sense because even minute dust accumulations can result in light output losses.
Besides, daily maintenance is also important. Here are some tips for you:
- Except for the mainframe, avoid touching the bulb while it is in use.
- Do not use your hands or other sharp objects to touch the bulb, diodes, PCB, or any other circuit components.
- Do not bend or apply light pressure to new, thin LED grow lights like the Quantum Board.
- When the light is plugged in, refrain from tugging on the cables or doing any electrical repairs.
- Keep the light sealed away from dust and busy indoor areas while not in use.
- Read the instructions carefully and adhere to them before using them for the first time.
- Avoid situations with high temperatures and humidity levels since they will damage the internal electronic components and reduce the lifespan of LEDs.