If you are tired of light bulbs or lamps, why not try smart LED strip lights? This type of light has a smooth and flexible shape and is sure to change the style of your room in a more intelligent way. It is not only for lighting up a room; it also aims to decorate it and create a wonderful atmosphere. What’s more, it is quite easy to get to know the smart light strip. All you need to do is start reading this article!
What are smart LED strip lights?
We have introduced RGB LED light strips before. The smart LED strip develops on the basis of RGB LED light strips, so the structure of these two is very similar. LED lights are welded on copper wire or a strip-shaped, flexible PCB with special processing technology to produce LED strips. For smart LED strips, people add receivers to the circuit. Nowadays, decoration without main lights has become a trend, which makes smart light strips a suitable choice for stylish lighting. Being smart gives it the ability to change various light effects in a more convenient way.
Compared with the smart light bulb, the smart LED strip has its own features. The smart light bulb can start working as soon as you screw it in, while it takes some time to install the LED strip. But the flexibility of the light strips enables many different ways of lighting. Smart strips can create mood lighting, and their costs are usually higher than smart LED bulbs.
Why do people buy smart LED strip lights?
Merits of the smart LED strip
- It is soft and you can curl it freely; thus, you are able to create different lines or even patterns.
- You can cut or extend it. The light strips can work at places where other lights cannot be installed.
- The LED bead and the channel are completely covered in flexible plastic. So the strip perform well in terms of insulation and waterproofing.
- It can resist harsh weather, and is suitable for outdoor lighting.
- It is not easy to break and has a long lifespan.
- There are various light effects and colors that can be changed, and some are equipped with sensors to achieve automatic lighting.
Use of smart LED strips
- Used with TVs, computers, and speakers: The smart LED strip can automatically react to the sound effect to change the light effect and colors. Besides, every 10cm of some strips supports multi-dimensional customization, so you will get a light strip that displays different light effects.
- Used in different places in your house: The smart LED strip can decorate or function as the illumination light in many places, like the ceiling, the background walls of the living room, bedroom, etc., and corridors. Normally, there are grooves in the ceiling that create the space for the smart LED strip. By using a strip instead of a lamp, you can create a romantic atmosphere, and the strip lighting makes your ceiling look broader. Those strips installed in the corridors or stairs can sense the movement of people to achieve automatic turning on or off.
- Outdoor lighting: Smart light strips are not only for indoor lighting. For the outdoor lighting of a big project, strips are indispensable. Because it is the best product that produces linear light, and most of them can resist harsh weather. You can find smart LED strips in the lighting of buildings, bridges, tourism areas, streets, amusement parks, etc.
How to install smart LED strip lights?
Some smart light strips have double-sided adhesive on the back. You can directly tear off the sticker from the surface of the double-sided adhesive and fix the light strip in the proper places. Then press it flat with your hands. As for some places that meet corners, you can fold or cut the light strip. But be careful to only cut at the place where there are scissors marks. If you cut at the wrong place, it is possible that the one-meter light strip will not light up. There are other types of LED strips that can be secured with clips.
When you are connecting the LED light strips to the power, remember to take off the plastic cover and then cover it after you connect the lights. If you connect the power directly with a cover, it may lead to a short circuit.
In the outdoors, wind, sunlight, and rain can be a big challenge. If using double-sided adhesive to fix the LED light strip, it will fall off due to the decrease in double-sided adhesive after a long time. Therefore, outdoor LED strips are often installed in slots. Though the strips have already been sealed nicely, you can still use waterproof glue to strengthen the waterproof effect of the connection point.
With the receiver on the circuit, you will be able to control the light with your phone. Besides wireless control, voice control, joint control, or using a controller can all achieve changing the color, temperature, and effect of the light.
How to choose smart LED strip lights?
LED light strips generally use high voltage, so they are wrapped with a thick layer of flame-retardant glue. Wires and circuit boards are generally made of copper. The LED lamp beads determine the lifespan of the light strip. For the sake of electrical safety, you must not choose inferior ones just because the price is cheap.
In addition to fulfilling the requirement of a constant voltage, there is another important indicator to consider when choosing the driver, which is the power of the light strip. The length of the strip and the number of lamp beads per unit length determine the power of the light strip. The longer the light strip and the more light beads per unit, the higher the power of the light strip. And you will need a power supply with higher driving power, or the light strips won’t work well.
The common protocols include WiFi, Zigbee, and Bluetooth. There are WiFi devices in most people’s homes, and the speed of transferring information is competitive. ZigBee controllers are more expensive than WiFi, but they are more energy-saving. Bluetooth also saves the costs, but the distance it can control is relatively short. After choosing the one that is most suitable for your home, you need to remember that the power of the controller cannot be lower than that of your light strip.
Smart LED strip lights at Mokolight
Mokolight is committed to creating high-end household lighting, and of course, producing smart light strips of high quality is also one of our missions. The smart LED strips at Mokolight have amazing colors, light effects, and temperatures of light for you to choose from. Imagine what style you want your house to have, and then contact us to get the best lighting solutions! You will find the lights at Mokolight have obtained various certifications, and our staff is very professional because we have worked in the LED industry for more than 16 years. Mokolight provides the best smart light strips for you!