As you set up your hydroponic lighting system, bear the following tips in mind:
- Install a timer to ensure that your plants receive the same light duration. Your plants will grow more evenly as a result.
- Adjust the intensity to the stage of growth. Increase the light intensity in the vegetative phase and continue to increase during the flowering phase. This encourages your plants to produce more flowers while simulating the change of the seasons.
- Keep the appropriate distance between your plants and your grow lights. The leaves may burn if they are too close, and if they are too far away, you will squander energy and your plants’ ability to properly photosynthesize.
- Installing reflective material or painting your grow room’s walls and ceiling white is an excellent option. This will assist the plants in receiving more light and improve the effectiveness of your lighting system.
- Last but not least, keep in mind that you’ll need to replace your hydroponic bulbs periodically. Hydroponic grow bulbs ultimately burn out and need to be changed, just like any other kind of light. On the other side, LEDs have a long lifespan.
As you start to design your grow room, keep in mind these tips and tricks. And you will harvest healthy plants.