As we all know, solar street lights are one of the best solutions to applying new energy to save electricity. Except for working in some modern cities, they can also play an important role in providing the necessary lighting for villages. The village solar street light can solve the problem of the electricity system in rural areas and can be more cost-effective than installing traditional street lights. Read this passage and get to know why applying the village solar street light is a good idea!
Problems at the villages
- Low road lighting project investment
- Installation and construction processes are complicated and require digging the ground, which may occupy the farmer’s place.
- The later maintenance workload is large, and the costs of replacing parts are also high.
- Large energy consumption: Due to the long low-voltage transmission line of the traditional street lamp, both the street lamp and the power line consume lots of electricity, especially for the suburban roads and highways far from the power point. The lack of street lights on suburban roads and highways has caused many safety problems.
- Unlike the centralized energy supply in the city, the energy use in rural areas is relatively scattered. Constructing power grids and other facilities is both costly and easy to waste resources.
4 benefits of the village solar street light
Solar lighting installation does not need to lay complex lines, so it can save a lot of cable laying costs. All it needs is a cement base, and then you can fix it with steel screws. This is also the reason why All-in-one solar lights are popular.
Save the costs
Solar lighting is a one-time investment because later the lights can use solar power to generate electricity. And there are also some intelligent types of solar street lights, which will only light up when needed. Therefore, it is energy-saving, environmentally friendly, and brings long-term benefits.
Solar lighting has little security risk
Solar lamps use low voltage, so the operation is safe and reliable.
LED street lights have obvious energy-saving effect
How to install village solar street light
- Clean the cement tank where the battery compartment is located of dirt and other debris, making sure the drainage hole is clear.
- Verify the battery voltage and whether the battery compartment is damaged.
- Remove the battery compartment, install double steel wire rings, and secure the battery cables through the prefabricated pipes.
- Place the cover plate on the foundation, cover the cover plate with asphalt, and finally fill the place with clay.
Erection of the light pole
- First, lift the light pole to the appropriate position and prevent the lamp from being damaged during the lifting process.
- During the lifting process, at least two installation personnel should use a large wrench to clamp the flange to prevent friction damage to the lamp.
- When the lamp leaves the ground, slowly lower the lamp, rotate the lamp pole, adjust the direction of the lamp head, and make it face the road.
- Put a gasket under the flange of the light pole to make it perpendicular to the ground, and tighten the nut evenly with a wrench.
- Check whether the solar module faces the sun. If the direction needs to change, loosen the bolt of the light pole assembly, adjust the direction, and tighten it again.
- Remove the hatch door, check the sheath line, and make necessary repairs and re-wiring.
Installing the controller
- Note the polarity of the cable.
- Check the insulation tape on the cables. Strip off the insulation layer and screw the power cables together. Wrap the cables with insulation tape and secure the cables.
- Check the indicator and LED display of the controller to ensure that the output is normal.
- After the cable connection is complete, arrange the power cables and fix them to the light pole using cable ties.
- Install and lock the cabin door.
Please note that in actual operation, following the relevant safety operation procedures is necessary, and there should be professionals carrying out the construction.
How to maintain the village solar street light
- Rural outdoor solar street lights collect solar energy through panels, so before installation and use, you need to observe the surrounding tree branches and houses. Once the panels are covered, they may not work later, so you need to reinstall them.
- Check whether there are cracks or stains on the panel before use, and carefully check the connection of the line.
- In the process of use, you need to repair the corrosion or poor contact in the wiring in time to avoid affecting the safety hazards.
- In order to ensure the normal operation of rural solar street lights, the general maintenance cycle is one week. After encountering relatively strong wind and rain, it is necessary to check the status of the panels, controllers, and batteries to prevent water from entering.
- After a certain period of use, it is necessary to carry out overall cleaning and maintenance of lamps and other parts.
- If there is a lamp flicker or short circuit, you need to fix it in time.
Challenges of applying the village solar street light
The solar street lights are too far away from each other
In the countryside, there are many trees and curves, but the distance between street lights is sometimes hundreds of meters. In this way, it only illuminates a range below the street lamp, and the light looks dim further away, which cannot meet the requirements of the standard street lighting.
Low-quality solar street lights
The quality of solar street lights is low, and there is no one to repair them if they break down. The lighting time of these street lights may get shorter and shorter. If it is cloudy and rainy, it only lights up for a while and then extinguishes, obviously not playing the role of street lights.
Incorrect installation location
Some of these solar street lights in rural areas are installed under large trees, but because of insufficient light, the power generation is very small. Others are installed directly on the walls of residents’ houses. When it was dark, the street lights automatically lit up, attracting many bugs and also affecting the quality of sleep of villagers.
The village solar street light can save energy and improve the living conditions of the villagers. Once you buy high-quality solar street lights, install them appropriately, and maintain them regularly, these lights can bring out the best of village street lighting. One key component of the solar street light is the LED light. To find reliable LED lights, you can consider the lights produced by Mokolight, which have the best price and top-notch quality. Mokolight has manufactured various LED lights at their factory, which covers an area of 12,400 m2, for over 17 years. All the LED lights go through professional tests and have gained certifications like RoHS and BSCI. You should definitely leave a message for the recommendation for the most suitable LED lights!