The smart street lights control system adopts Power line Communication technology to achieve single lamp energy saving and centralized control. It can monitor the street lamps and prevent wire theft at the same time. Through advanced scientific and technological means, it can effectively ensure the scientific management of smart street lighting facilities and on-demand lighting.
Smart Street Lights Control System Features
Smart lighting system opens a new era of the development stage of LED lights, and is known for the following functions:
- Perfect functions: “four remote” function, single lamp monitoring and energy saving function, outdoor meteorological function, cable anti-theft function, automatic meter reading function, dynamic electronic map display function of monitoring centerand data statistical analysis function
“Four remote” functions: remote control, telemetry, remote signaling, and remote adjustment.
- Remote control function — controlling on or off ofcircuit or single light
- Telemetry function — remote measurement of total voltage, current and voltage and current of each circuit;
- Remote signaling function—to feedback the status of various switches;
- Remote adjustment function—Remotely adjustingthe current of a single lamp to realize energy saving of a single lamp.
- Single lamp control function: using our advanced Power line Communication technology to realize single lamp control, detection and energy saving.
- Outdoor meteorological function: it can monitor the ambient temperature, humidity, and illuminance of the area. This system can also be a basis for dealing with emergencies such as sudden changes of weather, accidents and disasters.
- Anti-theft alarm function:monitoring power and cables and anti-theft alarming, and can monitor and alarm whether there is power or not. At the same time, it can monitor the abnormal opening of the transformer room door.
- Automatic meter reading function: it is able to grasp the power consumption in time. Besides, it makes sure the data meets the measurement requirements of the Department of Power.
- Monitoring function:the dynamic electronic map display in the monitoring center can help to knowthe lighting dynamics in time. The monitoring center also has GPS timing function.
- Data statistical analysis function:The system has a regular recording function, forming statistical reports such as records of on and off status of lamps, failure rates, and power consumption.
Smart Street Lights Control System main equipment
The main controlling computer which installs system softwares, including CS main service program, short message processing program, and BS public network publishing program. The administrator logs into the system to operate in an authorized form.
GPRS/CDMA Data Transmission Unit (DTU)
GPRS/CDMA network connects each intelligent control terminal to the monitoring center. The mobile network notifies the administrator of the system status through SMS, or enable administrator to do reverse query.
Centralized controller (centralized controller RTU)
The centralized controller includes four parts: Power line Communication module, ARM main board, Ethernet module and power supply circuit. It has abundant external interface resources: external 232 communication interface, 485 communication interface, USB HOST interface.
The centralized controller is in the intermediate level of the system. This system communicates upwardly with the monitoring center through GPRS, and downwardly communicates with the terminal controller through the Power line Communication grid. Power line Communication is based on BPSK principle and a half-duplex communication mode, and the data transmission rate is 1200bps. The centralized controller is in units of transformers, and each transformer requires a centralized controller. The central controller connects upward to the DTU, and downward to the three-phase four-wire low-voltage power grid.
- Working power supply:85VAC-250VAC, 50Hz/60Hz
- Working temperature: -20oC — +70oC
- Relative humidity: 95%, non-condensing
- Power consumption: static:350mW, dynamic (the instant of communication): 10W
- Electromagnetic compatibility: in line with IEC1000-4-2, 3, 4, 5 standards
Terminal controller (sub-controller RTU)
The terminal controller is suitable for adjusting and controlling the brightness of single street lamp. The load current that can be monitored is able to reach 35A. It receives control or detection commands from the power line, implements on-off control on the controlled load, and can feed back the control result or current state to the host computer.
- Address code: 0~1024;
- Control load current: ≦35A
- Power consumption: static: 300mW, dynamic (the instant of communication): 10W
- Power supply: 85VAC-250VAC, 50Hz/60Hz;
Acquisition terminal (acquisition RTU)
The collection terminal collects the power parameters of electric meters, outdoor temperature and humidity, light parameters, realizes automatic meter reading, and outdoor meteorological monitoring functions.
- Address code: 0~1024;
- Power supply: 85VAC-250VAC, 50Hz/60Hz;
The cable monitor is generally installed at the end of the power supply circuit, and regularly detects the power supply. When the centralized controller detects that the cable monitor is abnormal during operation, it indicates the abnormal status. Centralized controller sends alarm in time to the main control center. Then, the main control center analyzes the sub-controllers or acquisition terminals in this system, and finds the fault location (including line disconnection or theft) in time.
Street light brightness modulator
According to different types of street lamps, selecting the appropriate lamp regulator to achieve the adjustable brightness of the lamps. The upper end is connected to the sub-controller to facilitate remote adjustment of the system, and the lower end is directly connected to the lamp power supply circuit.
Software Design Ideas
The design of the software system is based on the Web Service structure. The Web Service structure is a distributed application system based on the component/service model. The development of the system is advanced, reliable, open, flexible and versatile. The system capacity, scalability of the functions and the maintainability of the software system are taken into account. What is especially important is the reliability of the software system. In this system, the reliability of the software is as important as that of the hardware. Therefore, in the process of software development, the OOP object-oriented design method is adopted. UML is used for the whole process of modeling, and the modular design method is used to design the functional structure division.
The software development process follows the design idea of software engineering, and a lot of research and analysis are done on the application requirements. The aided design of the database is carried out with the help of advanced CASE tools such as DESIGN 2000, so the database structure is very standardized. It generally conforms to 3NF (No. Three paradigms), avoiding data redundancy and data insertion and Deletion Anomaly.
C/S and B/S
In order to meet the requirements of data collection and control, data analysis and processing, auxiliary decision-making, information query and other functions, we adopt a system structure that combines C/S and B/S, and is dominated by B/S. This solution can well meet the needs of users. It conforms to the principle of sustainable development, and make the system more open and easy to expand. The system adopts a new software design method, using VS.TET 2003 front-end development tools and Microsoft SQL Server 2000 background database management system as a development platform, running on Windows98/Windows2000/XP operating system. GIS uses Mapinfo for secondary development.
Considering the remote sharing of data, the design of the software system is mainly based on the B/S structure. In order to ensure security, the system strictly manages the use rights and passwords of the software.
Components of a software system
Institutional User Management
According to different types of street lamps or administrative divisions, different groupings are carried out to facilitate unified control of multiple street lamps in a grouped manner.
Street Light Control System
Lamp on and off control, dimming control
Street Light Collection System
Query of lighting fixture status, current, voltage, power and other data, cable anti-theft, power line fault detection, outdoor temperature and humidity, illuminance detection
Parameter setting system
Parameter setting of remote automatic control, such as: equipment timing calibration, timing of the on and off status of lamps, etc
Lamp and line failure alarm, low visibility reminder during the day (alarm SMS is sent to the area administrator synchronously).
Data Statistical Analysis System
Data storage, remote query, statistical analysis of power consumption, failure rate, etc., drawing reports and so on.